- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts & 3 boneless skinless thighs
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes, mashed
- 1 (10 ounce) can enchilada sauce
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (I use the refrigerated pre minced kind)
- 2 cups water
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 small bag frozen corn
- 1 handful chopped cilantro
- tortilla chips
- sour cream
- sharp cheddar
Place all the ingredients (except the toppings) into the slow cooker and cook on high for 4 hours. Before serving, remove cooked chicken, shred and add back into soup. Don't forget to take our the bay leaf too! Top with desired toppings.
I don't really like chicken so before I add the shredded chicken back into the soup, I make myself a bowl, sans chicken.
Hubby's reaction, "Mmm, this is Ahh-mazing." I'd say this recipe's a keeper :)
No comments:
Post a Comment