Tuesday, May 12, 2009

2 Weeks!

Our sweet baby is already 2 weeks old. We had a 2 week checkup on Monday and is already 8lbs 2 oz, 21.25 inches and her head is a whopping 38.4 cm. She has gained an ounce a day for the last week and grew 3/4 of an inch! She's finally reached (and surpassed) her birth weight. She's in the 45th percentile for weight, 85th percentile for height and 93rd percentile for head circumference. Her doctor called her, "Scrawny" !

Her jaundice has disappeared and her hair is getting much lighter (maybe even red?!?!)

She had her first bath on 5/02/09 but her umbilical cord had yet to fall off so she couldn't have a full bath, with her belly submerged. Her umbilical cord fell off on the 7th day (05/05/09) to reveal the cutest little partial outie and she then had her first official bath, in the sink.

Her professional pictures are tomorrow afternoon and I spy some baby acne. I've heard that breast milk can help to clear it so we'll try that tonight after her bath. Speaking of breast milk, I've been exclusively pumping now for 10 days and my supply has seriously tanked. I've heard that oatmeal can increase supply so I ate that for breakfast this morning and will continue to do so. I'm also going to look into fenugreek, pumping more often and skin-to-skin contact as a means of increasing my supply. I should really go to the lactation consultant to see if we can give breastfeeding a whirl again but I'm still in a lot of pain and I don't know if I can make the trip by my lonesome.

I'm still slowly recovering, I went back to the doctor on Friday (05/08/09) due to the fact that I was still in a great deal of pain, unable to stand or walk. In turns out I had a lot of granulated tissue that needed to be cauterized (with silver nitrate, fun!) and that they needed to remove some unnecessary stitches (which was WAY more painful than the silver nitrate).

Mentally I'm doing well, I'm ready to get outside and moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment