Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Hospital Bed Rest & 38 Week Appt

On 4/20/09 I went in to my OB's office around 9:00 am because I was experiencing some sharp shooting pains in my lower abdomen. My regular 38 Week appointment was scheduled for 4/21 so they decided to just have me come in a day early. When I arrived, I realized that I had a pretty bad headache but it was manageable. At each weekly appointment, they take my blood pressure, I pee in a cup, they check my fundal height and her heartbeat. Well, my blood pressure was high (146/98, normal is below 120/80, REALLY bad is 160/100) and there was protein in my urine (+1). So, they decided to order a bunch of blood work, have me collect my urine for 24 hours and I was put on bed rest. Normally it doesn't hurt when they take my blood but this time it felt terrible (I later found out they popped my vein). I was told to go home, take Tylenol and call immediately if my headache became more severe. Two hours later, my head felt terrible and I decided to call my OB's office. They told me to go to the hospital and I would need to be on hospital bed rest and monitored for 24 hours. So, here I sit, in the hospital waiting for the results of today's blood work and urine collection. I feel SO much better, my blood pressure is good and my headache has subsided.

Hopefully I'll be able to go home today and finish out my bed rest "sentence" at home.

Stay put little one, we love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment